New PS5 Updates
• PS5 vs Xbox One X: How Sony Will Dominate
• PS5 2018 Release?
• Ubisoft's CEO Believes the PS5 is at Least 2 Years Away
• Could the PS5 be a Portable/Console Hybrid?
• Has the PC Already Beaten The PS5?
• Will GT Sport Run at 8K on PS5?
• PlayStation Fans Would Rather Wait For The PS5
• Unparalleled Console Upgrades: Should We Fix What Isn't Broken?
• Where should the gaming industry put it's focus? (Vote!)
• The 4K Obsession: The Industry Needs to Change Focus
• How PS5 Will do What PS4 Pro Won't
• Michael Pachter: PS5 is Waiting on Scorpio
• Top 9 Features on the PS5
• GTA 6 Coming to PS5!
• PS5 Will Be Backwards Compatible
• PS5 Design Revealed
• Sony Will Win The VR War With PS5
• What PS5 features are most important to you?
• The PS5 Will Run at 8 Teraflops for 4K
• VR is The Future (Sorry 4K TVs)
PS5 Release Date:
We all know it's coming, but no one seems to know exactly when. Our latest evidence points to a release date in 2020. Sony is a creature of habit fellow gamers, as are we all. All it takes is some mathematics and an ear to the ground of the gaming industry to start piecing together this crucial part of the puzzle.
We've been closely monitoring the predictions of industry icons like Michael Pachter, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, and Damian Thong. With the release of the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro, we have brand new factors to consider as well. The game industry is ever-evolving.
Join us on our PS5 release date page to see what these factors have revealed thus far. Check back often because we are constantly updating the page with the latest news and rumors.
The PS5 has been officially confirmed by Shawn Layden, the boss of Sony Interactive Entertainment America! During an interview with German Magazine Golem.de, he was asked about Sony's plans for a new console after the PS4 Pro. He confirmed that there would be a PS5, but it wouldn't be for some time.
He also confirmed this in a separate interview with The Verge where he confirmed that we will see more PlayStations. If you're worried about a new console coming out every year or two, you can rest easy on that as well. Find out when and where the executives of Sony have confirmed the PS5 in ourPS5 Confirmed Page!
Price: How High Can it Go?
The Price of a console is always a touchy subject. At a minimum, we believe the PS5 will release at a $499 price point, but we are considering a $599 option as a possibility. The availability of the hardware and the state of the economy will be huge factors here. The latest predictions from Michael Pachter have said that the PS4 Pro will drop to $250 before the PS5 releases.
This is the current pricing model for the Xbox One X and the S model. The former sells for $499 and the latter for $250. What do you think the new system will cost, and how will it compare to historical pricing? Head on over to our PS5 Price page to find out more and offer your opinion in the comments!
PS5 vs Xbox One X
Microsoft often brags that the Xbox One X is "the most powerful console ever built." While that may be true as of its release, the Xbox One X won't stay on top for long. Microsoft's new console released a year after PS4 Pro, which means that we'll most likely see the PS5 well before Microsoft plans to release their next generation console.
Right now, though, Microsoft has the more powerful box, but is power really enough? They don't even see PS4 Pro as a competitor, according to Xbox's boss Phil Spencer. Should Sony be worried about the hardware that Microsoft has in their new system? Will they manage to get a leg up between now and the PS5's release?
All of this, and more, is answered in our PS5 vs Xbox One X page, so check it out!
Game console design has become more of a focus in recent years. While the original PlayStation wasn't much to look at, the PS2, PS3 and PS4 all have their own unique designs to complement the rest of your entertainment center. Sony will most likely offer a killer look when the PS5 is released, but we've already got our best artist on the case. For all the best concepts and designs, check out our PS5 concept designs page.
PS5 Specs: The Potential Power of the PS5
When a new system is announced, the first thing we want to know, is how the specs stack up with the competition. Today's game consoles are complex machines, so we've created a complex page to predict the hardware Sony will use in the PS5. Whether it's the GPU, CPU, RAM, hard drive, or even the network, we have already begun predicting it all. Not only that, but we're looking at how the Xbox One X will hold up to the PS5 when it releases. It's all on our specs page ready for you to see.
Games are the lifeblood of any console, and the PS5 is no different. Sony has been bringing out some of the best exclusives in recent memory, but they'll need to continue that momentum into the PS5. How can they bring the heat, and what kinds of games can we expect? All of that, and plenty more will be revealed on our PS5 Games Page!
Top PS5 Articles
- VR vs TV: Which One Will Survive?
- PS5 Releasing in Two Versions With VR Portability
- 'Interactive' and 'Believable' Worlds For PS5
- Will the PS4 Be Sony's Last Console?
- Will the PS5 Have an Optical Disc Drive?
- Vote - Should the PS5 come with a optical Blu Ray drive?
- 5X Performance for the PS5
- 10 Gaming Trends Today that are Shaping the Future
- PlayStation Hiring for "Next Generation Gaming System"
PS5 Job posting on Official PlayStation job boards.
- How Will PlayStation Plus Function on the PS5?
- What Is 4K UHD and Will the PS5 Utilize It?
- PlayStation VR Holding Back the PS5 Release Date?
- New Concepts - Transform | Slim
- Will We Grieve for Lost Characters on the PS5?
- Forget The PS5, Is Our Entire Universe a Video Game?
- Nintendo Starts Work on New System: Is Sony Far Behind?
- Will the PlayStation 5 Have a Camera?
- Indistinguishable From the Real Thing: PS5 Graphics
- New Rumors Suggest the PS5 Will Use 3D Stacked RAM
- PS5 Quantum Technology
- Vote - Would you pay $2000 for a PS5?
- Why the PS5 Won't Be a Traditional Gaming Console
- PS5 Game Launch Titles
- The changing face of PSN
- How many game ports can we expect at launch?
- Sony's New Business Creation Department (PS5 secret projects?)
- PS4 Update Delays PS5
- PS5 to Counter Project Scorpio
- Call of Destiny? The Future of FPS Games
- Sony Unsure About PS5's Future?
- PS5 Coming Sooner Than Expected!
- Are Single-Player Games Dying?
- PS5 Rolling Out Early, VR is the Missing Link?
Hardcore PS5 Fans
We know you are out there and we are with you! We'll update this page frequently as technology changes and grows, to give you a better idea of what to expect in the far future of the PlayStation brand. New technology is revealed on a yearly basis, and this page will represent what we feel is accurate at the current time of writing. As new technical products and advancements are always coming to light, visit this page often to stay in the loop when it comes to PS5 news.
It's safe to say if you're looking for news you definitely came to the right place. You know we've already got you covered with up-to-date PS4 news on our sister site, PS4 Experts, and here you can expect to find the same quality articles as we turn our gaze to the future. We're still updating PS4 Experts on a daily basis, so don't forget to stop in there after you're done checking out what the far future holds!
We encourage interaction as well, so sign up for our website, comment on the articles, take a look at our social media pages, email us your information – let your voice be heard! Who knows, it could be a tip from you that makes industry breaking news. When it comes to the PlayStation 5, anything is possible! Epic gaming like no other awaits us all!